Morgan Wallen has spoken out regarding his recent arrest, expressing remorse for his actions. He stated, “I’m not proud of my behavior, and I accept responsibility.”

Published by Cel Manero from Global One Media, Inc.

Following an incident on April 7, country star Morgan Wallen was arrested for allegedly throwing a chair off a six-story Nashville bar.

Morgan Wallen has broken his silence following his recent arrest. On April 7, the 30-year-old country star was arrested on three felony charges, allegedly for throwing a chair off the roof of a Nashville bar, as reported by the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department on X (formerly Twitter).

In a statement shared on Friday, April 19, Wallen addressed his arrest via his Twitter account. He stated, “I didn’t feel right publicly checking in until I made amends with some folks. I’ve touched base with Nashville law enforcement, my family, and the good people at Chief’s. I’m not proud of my behavior, and I accept responsibility.” He also expressed respect for law enforcement officers and confirmed that there would be no changes to his ongoing tour.

The arrest occurred shortly after Wallen commenced the 2024 leg of his One Night at a Time World Tour earlier in the month. He resumed his tour on Saturday, April 20, in Oxford, Mississippi.

At the time of the incident, two officers were stationed in front of Chief’s Bar, a six-story establishment on Broadway. They witnessed a chair being thrown from the rooftop to the street below, as reported by the Nashville police.

Following the incident, Wallen was arrested and charged with three counts of reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct, according to court records obtained by PEOPLE.

He was assigned a $15,250 bond and is scheduled to appear in Nashville court on May 3 for a “settlement.”

Several eyewitnesses observed Morgan Wallen picking up a chair and tossing it over the rooftop’s edge, as reported by local outlet WKRN. Witnesses also noted that he was seen laughing after the incident.

Police reviewed video footage that depicted the “Last Night” singer throwing an object off the roof of Chief’s, a venue owned by country singer Eric Church, which had opened just two days prior to the incident.

Following Wallen’s arrest, his attorney, Worrick Robinson, provided a statement to PEOPLE, indicating that Wallen is “cooperating” with the authorities. The statement reads: “At 10:53 p.m. Sunday evening, Morgan Wallen was arrested in downtown Nashville for reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct. He is cooperating fully with authorities.”

According to a source who spoke with PEOPLE, Morgan Wallen wasn’t expected at Chief’s and didn’t spend much time at the bar before allegedly throwing the chair. The insider noted that most patrons and staff members weren’t immediately aware of the incident.

The source shared insights, stating, “Morgan is generally a nice, fun person to hang out with, but when he gets going he doesn’t know when to stop.” They also expressed concern about Wallen’s relationship with alcohol, describing it as a recurring issue.

Wallen is scheduled to appear in Nashville on May 2 and 3 for his court date, followed by performances at Nissan Stadium shortly after headlining the Stagecoach music festival.